Deadlines for Businesses and Retailers Business Deadlines
- A business must renew its television licence(s) by no later than the 7th of its renewal month in order to avoid accruing penalties, which are loaded on the 8th of the month.
- A business must submit, within 30 days after the end of its licence year, an Annual Audited Statement reflecting the number of TV sets and the period for which those sets were in its possession during that licensing period.
- In its own interest, a business must settle any outstanding balance on its account without delay to avoid the matter being referred to the SABC's attorneys for debt collection.
- A business should return update letters (confirming its address and contact details) to TV Licences a month before the end of its licence year.
- Payment of television licence fees should be made within seven days after the end of a retailer's licence year in order to avoid accruing penalties on its account.
- Retailers' Monthly Sales Registers must reach TV Licences within seven days after the end of each calendar month.
- Annual Audited Statements must reach TV Licences within 30 days after the end of a retailer's licence year.
- Validation of a prospective purchaser's TV licence: validation must be done before the sale of a television set by phoning the SABC's Retailer Validation Call Centre on the toll free number (0800 00 9704)